Listening is Key
VOICE IT OUT - "The site that allows you to express yourself"
RSS

Restaurants
Summer Party
powered by

My Blog

Listening is Key

Listening Ear

"Eventhough I smile on the outside no one knows what I am really feeling inside" this was what she said to me as she held the knife to her wrist. At first I laughed, asking if she was an attention seeking jackass. She stared at me, her eyes filled with tears. As the first tear fell from her eyes... I stood there, the smiled wiped off my face; she was really serious about this. I had no clue how to handle the situation, I started thinking about how I should have paid attention to what my psychologist was saying in my one hour sessions.

I moved slowly towards her, carefully trying to take the knife from her hand. "Stand back!" she shouted, now pointing the knife in my direction; Apparently she didn't remember I just completed two months of anger management.  I gave her the "know yourself" look, she immediately came to her senses, for the first time in years she broke down. This is not like her, I use to think she was created without tears or she did a surgery to cement the tears in her eyes. She fell down on her knees, crying like the world was coming to an end. The first thing I did was take the knife and put it somewhere FAR from her reach.

As we began talking, she shared some deep personal stories about her life. The things she revealed, made me think twice about my thoughts of her. I always saw her as this hardcore person who no one could ever make break down, this can't be her someone must of cloned her. During our two hour talk, I learnt so much about not only her but also myself. She had so much pain inside and just wanted someone to confide in.  At the end of the talk there was a big sign of relief, I could see the smiles in her eyes. I learnt one valuable lesson that day, and that was to "listen"...

I encourage everyone that the next time someone vents or acts a certain way, don't just jump conclusion that they are crazy. You could be a major help to them by just taking the time out to listen and providing positive feedbacks. On the flip side remember to share deep personal thoughts with persons who you consider can keep a secret. You wouldn't want to share something with a person who by the time the conversation ends, your business can be typed into google search engine.

Always remember, "Hearing is different from Listening" which do you do best?

15 Comments to Listening is Key:

Comments RSS
c.williams on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:03 PM
i will say this "SILENT" can spell LISTEN. MY POINT is when you are silent you should listen so be careful.

Bashynsassy on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:03 PM
Honestly most time i hear....lol but i should try to listen!

dd on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:05 PM
I agree, listen before u jump to conclusion

DANIA on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:07 PM
This is some deep shhh... I find it hard to trust people based on past experinces, I will never forget the day when I tried to reach out to someone and in turn under pretence took my hand and spat in my face... I wish that persons can be real and stop being hypocrites,it makes me SICK. I like

Jae on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:25 PM
I prefer a bawling, chatty person to a silent one. The silent ones are the ones that come in one day a shoot the whole damn place up!!!

SueNeShan on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:30 PM
I'm ok with silence. Unlike most people who tend to fill it byu babbling nonsense. Silent and deadly. Me.

R.R on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:32 PM
silence is koool with me

Leidroc on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:49 PM
Good writing! I'm definitely a listener. I actually enjoy helping persons if I can just by listening and sharing with them.

FT on Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:54 PM
OH GOD AVA SERIOUSLY MI FEEL FI DEH B DEH AND I CAN RELATE TO THAT ..... SOMETIMES WE WANT SOMEONE TO LISTEN TO US @ TIMES..................

J.G on Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:02 PM
Wow. This is deep. Listening is very important not just haring what someone is saying.

guide tibet on Saturday, May 18, 2013 6:45 PM
I appreciate, cause I found exactly what I was looking for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

viaggi tibet on Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:03 AM
This web page is mostly a walk-through for the entire information you wished about this and didn't know who to ask. Glimpse right here, and also you'll undoubtedly discover it.

sportwetten on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 9:20 AM
Auch , koennte viele unterschiedlichen Arten von Wetten bei jedem jeder einzelne Sportwetten, und sie und so hauptsaechlich Niederlage Rechts Anliegen Betroffene verbunden mit dem ?? folgen beobachten.Gab es Verletzungen Unfaelle bis Vital Gamer das koennte Auswirkungen sicher Online-Spiele ?

famous swiss watch brands on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 11:11 PM
Can I simply say what a aid to find somebody who really is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how one can deliver a difficulty to light and make it important. More folks have to read this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant consider youre not more widespread because you undoubtedly have the gift.

Jane D. Jackson on Saturday, September 26, 2015 9:21 AM
Excellent info to a lot folks want to study articles or blog posts to learn regarding these kind of problems of excellent curiosity.